The second weather-sealed lens for X-Series cameras is finally out! I received my XF 50-140mm f2.8 OIS WR last week-end, one week earlier than the first estimates of delivery date. I am already seeing a lot of pictures taken with it all over the world popping up on the internet. As far as I am concerned, since I was not expecting this pleasant surprise so early, I already had other plans and no time for seriously testing this new lens… This will come in due time, but meanwhile here is my unboxing and some quick thoughts.
- The lens cap is different than on the other XF lenses up until now. It is a little less “fiddly”. New normal or just a one-off?
- The aperture ring is larger, and more resistant so that it will not move unwillingly.
- Zooming from one end of the range to the other end is swift and quick
- The tripod mount can be easily removed by unscrewing the 2 screws at the bottom. It is a slower process than the clipping system, on the Nikon 70-200mm f2.8 for example, but on the other hand it is a more stable system
- At almost 1kg this is not a light lens!
Talk to you soon with some more details/samples 😉